Monday, January 16, 2012

Going...going...gone!

When the Phillies and Eagles decided to build new facilities...it was a big deal. Veteran's Stadium had been around for what seemed like forever. A co-worker whose parents still lived in S. Philly went down for the implosion and graciously shared his photos with me. I wanted to show as many stages in the implosion as possible. So I started with the Stadium still standing at the beginning and then it completely gone at the end. In between, I placed all the other stages to create a nice, equal layout. The background paper was purchased open stock that looks like cracked concrete. The titles were from a time BEFORE personal die cut machines...so I had to do it the old fashioned way...print on the computer and cut by hand. I researched the Stadium facts and created a "fact" box. The metal circle embellishments I threaded onto fibers and using eyelets attached to my page.


No comments:

Post a Comment